Monday, December 14, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I was behind the eight ball. It was December 2nd and my Thanksgiving/Fall decorations were still up at the house. Each time a saw them I was reminded that I was slacking on my job as the 'Holiday Decor Director' of my house. Then, on the 11th, I could take it NO more! Robert and I made the annual trek to Lowe's for our Christmas Tree. Once the tree was in the house, I had no choice but to get the Thanksgiving decorations down STAT. Had the fall leaves been in the presence of the green fir tree for too long the world may have combusted, and it would have been all my fault! After that it was easy, putting up the outside lights, mantle decorations and Christmas dishes all got me in the spirit. I got the tree ornamented with some help from Maddie on Sunday morning. My wrapping session with the paper that didn't really match my decorations took me out of the mood for a little while, but KG helped put it back into perspective for me. "Who cares?", she said. And she's right. So, here's to Christmas decorating - unmatching and all ;)

No comments: