Saturday, December 5, 2009

Unleashed


It was time for another Girls Weekend, so Jessica and I hopped in the car on Friday afternoon and headed north to Nashville for a visit to Andrea. As our social director for the weekend, she had us all hooked up. On the recommendation of Nicole, we stayed at the Hutton Hotel in downtown Nashville, which could possibly be the most fabulous and cost-efficient hotel in all of the city. Not only was the decor very posh, but the shower head in the shower was affixed to the ceiling!? The water came down just like a waterfall. I've been some pretty fancy places, but I've never seen that before. Andrea took us out for sushi on Friday and then shopping on Saturday. We watched the SEC game and then headed back for a nap. After dinner at The Boundry, we were headed for the 'Honky Tonk' bars. I can't believe in all the time that I have spent in Nashville, I hadn't ever been to these bars. So much fun! The band was great, and Cowboy Troy and Gretchen Wilson ended up performing a surprise set. So much excitement :) So much so, that Jessica and I had to call it quits and cab back to the hotel a little 'early'. A little late night pot roast sandwich with sweet potato chips, and we were off to bed. What a fabulous time with fabulous friends. I am the luckiest girl in the world! :) We had to be back in Atlanta by noon on Sunday, so with a little Diet Coke, an Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns we were on our way back to being grownup again.

No comments: