Friday, April 17, 2009

Frankly My Dear, Gone With The Wind Rocks!

This year is the 70th anniversary of the movie Gone With the Wind.  Since Jessica is quite the Southern Belle, she's been waiting for the showing of the movie at The Fox Theater for quite a while.  As today was the big comeback, we were effortless in finding tickets - and succeeded.  One of the big perks of my media job.  The connections!  
We began with brunch at Osteria in the highlands.  We was Jessica, myself, Jessica's mom, Emily and Laura Howell.  Yummm.  Then off to the 4 hour movie event.  It was really special to remember every once in a while that I was sitting in the same theater as Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable when the movie premiered.  I so admire the independence and strength of Scarlet, but want to knock her in the face for being so horrible to Rhett.  As Mary and I discussed on the way back to the car, it's all about miscommunication.  Isn't that always the case!?  Thanks, Jessica, for coordinating the party.  I'm just that much more "legally" Southern ;)

No comments: