Monday, November 23, 2009

I Knew It Was a Bad Idea


While everyone told me that it would be life changing - maybe for the worse - I was still very curious about it. And thought that I would be able to still keep a realistic perspective after reading it. Well...I was wrong. It doesn't happen very often, so take note! ;) I started reading Skinny Bitch and got past the part about all the horrible chemicals in our food with ease. That's not news to me. Then they went into graphic detail about how we get our meat and dairy products and the treatment of the animals - and that did it. Mental images that I'm not sure will ever go away. This should not shock anyone, as this is coming from the girl that tears up when seeing squirrels on the side of the road. However, I usually recover. From this, I might be unrecoverable. Which is sad because I have LOVED my cheese for a really long time. I've graduated from Velveeta Rotel dip to things like brie and fontina - but it's still cheese. And don't even ask me what comes to mind. So, here is my warning. If you're going to read the book, eat your life's worth of cheese and Chick-Fil-A first!

No comments: