Monday, October 26, 2009

It's going to be a place where only the things you want to happen, would happen.


Robert and I have been dating a long time. And have had yet to go to a movie together - until Friday! I decided that seeing 'Where The Wild Things Are' was important enough to me to break the streak. I was really interested in seeing how the movie portrayed the raw emotions of a child. I still have a lot of kid in me, but sometimes I do forget what it was like. And I like to be reminded. Well...the movie was definitely that. Very 'real'. Not fairy tale-ish like most kids movies. I wouldn't even say it was a kids movie. I don't know if I'd really even say that watching it was enjoyable. It was just very 'real'. And the cinematography was beautiful. I relished in the creativity of Max, and envied his innocent view of the world. Two things that I fight to keep in the midst of all this growing up. I would recommend it, but maybe on a good day :)

No comments: