Monday, March 2, 2009


So, while we were all sleeping off our wine on Saturday night, the SNOW clouds were moving in! I can't even begin to explain how long or how intensely I have been wishing for snow. The most intense pleas usually come on Christmas Eve. However, hope for a snow day with hot chocolate and snowmen any time of the year is a close second. Given that it turned March on Sunday, I had given up yet again for Winter 08/09. Little did I know what Sunday had in store for us.

After a restorative breakfast at Sun In My Belly, we all headed back to the house in amazement that the flakes were still falling. And they were HUGE!

Once we realized how much had actually accumulated - and that it was sticky snow - we didn't have much choice other than to build a snowman and throw an occasional snowball or two :)



It was a wonderful day of peaceful snowfall. The only thing that would have made it better was a snow day on Monday, but I'm going to be thankful for what I could get.

No comments: